Taipei, Taiwan, June 1, 2010 – Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home, today announced that it is demonstrating a range of high performance, next-generation multi-media home technologies based upon Cavium's latest PureVu, ECONA and OCTEON processor families at Computex 2010 on June 1-5 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Suites #1039 and #1040.
Cavium's PureVu video processors are targeted for OEMs and ODMs developing wireless, networked high-definition displays for PCs, TVs, gaming consoles, set top boxes, and media players. Cavium's ECONA low power, dual-core ARM-based processors are being used by Tier-1 OEMs and ODMs building FTTH broadband gateways, network attached storage appliances, media and print servers, and wireless access points. OCTEON MIPS64 processors are used in routers, switches, unified threat management (UTM) appliances, wireless LAN controllers and access points, storage switches, triple-play broadband gateways, intelligent network adaptors, 3G, 4G, WiMAX, and LTE wireless femto cells, base stations and gateways.
Cavium Networks will highlight the following solutions:
PureVu Video Processor-Based Demonstrations
- PC-to-TV with Internet Content: Using a Cavium-based WiFi access point, internet content is streamed to a notebook PC where Cavium's latest CNW56xx H.264 video processor transmits the content in pristine full HD resolution to a remote display.
- Multi-room PC Gaming: Cavium's wireless display technology using WiFi and H.264 compression to connect a gaming PC to a remote HDTV display, showcasing industry leading super low latency video and USB back-channel over WiFi for remote game control.
- All-in-One (AIO) PC with Wireless Display: Using Cavium's wireless display technology, an All-in-One PC plays BD content on a remote monitor, while the AIO display itself is available for local use.
ECONA ARM Processor-Based Demonstrations
- Triple Play: High-performance, multi-service traffic (data, video, voice) management with wire-speed QoS enforcement
- NAS: Full-featured, home media server demo to showcase media storage and serving capabilities of the ECONA platform
- Home Control: Fully integrated, scalable home control application that can be seamless deployed and managed over the network
- Unified Threat Management: L7 content inspection showcasing ECONA CNS3XXX's best-in-class price / performance for gateway-based Intrusion Prevention applications.
- SMB VPN Gateway: Complete solution for IPSec and SSL VPN with full- featured stack including firewall, IP routing, NAT, Firewall with complete protocol offload levering ECONA CNS3XXX crypto hardware acceleration.
OCTEON Multicore MIPS64 Processor-Based Demonstrations
- Multi-flow iSCSI and NAS performance with scalability with cores and flows for SMB to Enterprise NAS/iSCSI applications.
- Revolutionary Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technology for Intrusion Prevention and Anti-Virus Protection for Cloud Infrastructure, UTM & Wireless Infrastructure Application
About Cavium Networks
Cavium Networks is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications, and the digital home. Cavium Networks offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors ranging in performance from 100 Mbps to 40 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Cavium Networks processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium Networks principal offices are in Mountain View, CA with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and Taiwan. For more information,
please visit: http://www.caviumnetworks.com
For additional information, contact:
Cavium Networks Contact:
805 East Middlefield Road,
Mountain View, CA 94043