Cavium Networks Introduces Industry Leading Low Latency Full-HD H.264 Micro-Module for Real-Time A/V Applications
Full-HD H.264 micro-modules with sub frame-rate encode-decode latency on display at the NAB Show 2009
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, April 20, 2009
– Cavium Networks (NASDAQ : CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications, storage, wireless, video and security applications, today announced the introduction of the CNW2XXX micro-mezzanine modules. The CNW2XXX micro-mezzanine modules use Cavium’s PureVu processor family to offer H.264 encode and decode with sub-frame latency supporting resolutions up to 1080p and frame rates up to 60fps. The CNW2XXX modules are targeted at a wide variety of real-time, video-centric embedded applications, such as in broadcast quality cameras, surveillance, tele-medicine, tele-robotics and industrial imaging.
Cavium Networks’ PureVu video processors and CNW2XXX modules are on display at the NAB Show booth #C1346 in Las Vegas, NV from April 20 to April 23, 2009.
The CNW2XXX modules combine the company’s leading PureVu video processor family of H.264 video encoder and decoders into a ready-to-use compact mezzanine module with audio encode and decode. The modules support standard signal interfaces for video, audio and MPEG-2 transport streams and DVB. The module’s 16-bit video data interfaces interface directly to off-the-shelf HD-SDI, HDMI or Component Video ADCs and DACs. The 8-bit transport stream interface can be directly connected to off-the-shelf DVB-ASI, DVB-SPI and most other transceivers. This standard connectivity allows video equipment integrators and manufactures to easily integrate Full-HD video encode and decode functionality with sub frame-rate latencies into new systems and upgrade existing systems.
“Cavium PureVu processor technology is being widely adopted in real-time video applications like live HD sports broadcasting, HD video conferencing and netHD applications” said Lars Herlitz, General Manager, Multimedia Group at Cavium Networks. “Offering our PureVu processors in ready-to-use micro-mezzanine modules will enable our OEMs to quickly and reliably implement innovative, true real-time H.264 HD video applications with minimal development cost and time.”
The CNW2XXX, WW20BACM encoder and WW20BADM decoder modules offer the following features:
- Up to 1080p30 support, including 720p60 with a “drop in” migration to 1080p60
- Sub frame-rate latency for encode and decode
- 16-bit BT.709 video data I/O
- PCM audio encode/decode
- Up to 192KHz audio sample rates
- I2S and analog stereo line-in audio I/O
- 8-bit MPEG-2 Transport Stream I/O with DVB support
- SPI and UART host interfaces
- 100mm x 55mm x 5mm micro-mezzanine form factor
The PureVu micro-mezzanine CNW2XXX modules are available in two types. The WW20BACM is an A/V (audio video) encoder module and the WW20BADM is an A/V (audio video) decoder module. The WW20BACM and WW20BADM modules and development kit is available today. Production quantities of the modules will be available in Q3 2009. Please contact Cavium Networks for pricing.
About Cavium Networks
Cavium Networks is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing in networking, communications, storage and security applications. Cavium Networks offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to 20 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Cavium Networks processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium Networks principal offices are in Mountain View, CA with design team locations in California, Massachusetts and India. For more information, please visit: http://www.caviumnetworks.com.
Cavium Networks Contact:
Marketing Communications Manager
805 East Middlefield Road,
Mountain View, CA 94043