SANTA BARBARA, CA – May 11, 2010 – Green Hills Software, Inc., the largest independent vendor of embedded software solutions, today announced the availability of Green Hills Software’s multicore embedded software solutions for the OCTEON® II family of multicore processors from Cavium Networks (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications, and the digital home. The new OCTEON II IAP processor family is designed to fuel the voice, video and data convergence driven by mobile internet, enterprise and data center applications that require a dramatic increase in intelligent packet processing, secure application delivery and quality-of-service (QoS) performance.
Green Hills Software’s feature-rich portfolio of software solutions has been optimized to support Cavium’s OCTEON II specialized networking and security accelerators. These enhancements provide customers the ability to utilize the unique processor-specific capabilities in the OCTEON II to achieve the highest performance and throughput possible, while delivering proven, comprehensive multicore debugging capabilities for the complex, million-line-plus applications found in today’s networking and telecom systems.
The OCTEON II processors, with 8 to 32 MIPS64® cores, deliver up to a 4x performance increase and up to 3x improvement in performance/watt over OCTEON Plus processors, enabling Cavium’s OEM customers to deliver breakthrough next-generation solutions, which address critical inflection points, in an optimized, energy efficient manner.
“Green Hills is well known for providing excellent tools that deliver very high performance,” said Rajiv Khemani, vice president and general manager, Networking and Communications Division, Cavium Networks. “With the addition of Green Hills support for our new OCTEON II processors, customers can maximize their product performance while finding and fixing software bugs in the fastest manner possible.”
“Cavium’s new OCTEON II family raises the bar for both the performance and functionality available in today’s multicore internet application processors,” stated Tim Reed, general manager, Advanced Products Division, Green Hills Software. “Our mature, proven multicore software products are enabled to take full advantage of OCTEON’s performance-driven capabilities, allowing joint customers to unleash the full power designed into these next-generation multicore processors.”
Green Hills Support for OCTEON Processors
Green Hills Software’s comprehensive solutions for Cavium deliver a flexible set of multicore operating system configurations, extensive networking support and advanced multicore debug tools to optimize multicore software design.
- INTEGRITY® real-time operating system – provides device total reliability and absolute security while delivering a flexible set of multicore operating system configurations, including single core, Asymmetric Multiprocessing (AMP) and Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP) with support for network acceleration and offload.
- INTEGRITY Secure Networking – combines the INTEGRITY RTOS security architecture, its advanced GHNet™ TCP/IP v4/v6 networking stack, and GateD® Layer 3 routing protocols delivering unmatched security and reliability without compromising system throughput.
- MULTI® Integrated Development Environment (IDE) – provides a complete software development environment for building, debugging, testing and optimizing multicore embedded applications for the OCTEON II IAP.
- Green Hills Optimizing C/C++ Compilers – generate the smallest and fastest code for C, C++, targeting the cnMIPS64 Architecture with specific support for the OCTEON II instruction set extensions.
- Green Hills Probe – helps developers find and fix bugs faster than any other probes with its comprehensive run-control and multicore processor visibility interfaces optimized to support synchronous hardware and software multicore breakpoints.
- Professional Services – Green Hills embedded experts collaborate with end user system designers and architects to tackle the difficult problems of legacy code porting, reuse and optimization for VxWorks, OSE, Linux, in-house operating systems and more, along with consulting services for general system performance optimization.
The Green Hills suite of multicore solutions for Cavium’s family of OCTEON II processors will be commercially available following hardware availability from Cavium. Legacy RTOS and application porting services are available today.
About Green Hills Software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software, Inc. is the largest independent vendor of embedded development solutions. In 2008, the Green Hills INTEGRITY-178B RTOS was the first and only operating system to be certified by the NSA to EAL6+ High Robustness, the highest level of security ever achieved for any software product. Our open architecture integrated development solutions address deeply embedded, absolute security and high-reliability applications for the military/avionics, medical, industrial, automotive, networking, consumer and other markets that demand industry-certified solutions. Green Hills Software is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with European headquarters in the United Kingdom. Visit Green Hills Software at www.ghs.com.
About Cavium Networks
Cavium Networks is a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home. Cavium Networks offers a broad portfolio of integrated, software-compatible processors ranging in performance from 10 Mbps to 40 Gbps that enable secure, intelligent functionality in enterprise, data-center, broadband/consumer and access and service provider equipment. Cavium Networks processors are supported by ecosystem partners that provide operating systems, tool support, reference designs and other services. Cavium Network’s principal offices are in Mountain View, CA with design team locations in California, Massachusetts, India and Taiwan. For more information, please visit: http://www.caviumnetworks.com.